Our Insta-Grip Loose Lay flooring is the ideal DIY flooring. With a grip backing and heavy weight, it lays flat and does all the work without glue!
Here’s how to install.
Prep The Subfloor
1. Make sure the floor is clean, leveled, and dry before installation.
Remove any foreign substances such as wax, grease, dirt, or any other chemicals.
2. Clean up all the dust and debris.
3. Fill any holes with patch.
4. Check for matching batch numbers on the side of each box.
5. Acclimate glue down planks for 48 hours in 65 to 85 degree temperature.
6. Open and work from multiple boxes to minimize pattern repeat and create a more natural look.
Check for any defects prior to installation.
7. Draw your guideline on your starting wall. Measure two ft out and mark on one side, then repeat the measure and mark on the opposite side.
8. Connect two points with a chalk line and trace over it with a pencil or marker
9. Lay your perimeter with double sided tape or spread a 4 inch band of LVT adhesive around the perimeter.
10. Lay the first plank along the guideline
11. Measure your plank, mark your cut, score with a utility knife, and snap it in half.
Continue laying your planks while making sure they’re together tightly. Make sure you don’t leave an expansion gap along the perimeters.