Table Of Contents
Contact Information for all inquiries:
At Urban Surfaces, customer satisfaction is our top priority. If an order is not satisfactory, simply contact us by phone or send a detailed email with the information listed below to Returns@UrbanSurfaces.com and we will process the return.
Refunds can be expected within two to four weeks after the purchased items are received and conditions are inspected and approved for restocking. A member of our staff will be in touch with the original purchaser either by phone or email with the details of your refund.
All returned items are inspected upon receipt. If the item has been opened or shows signs of soil, damage, or wear it may be subject to a partial refund.
Urban Surfaces shall cover the return shipping charges and restocking fees under the following conditions:
- Defective merchandise received
- Merchandise damaged in transit
- Incorrect shipment received due to our error
How we will refund:
- Refunds are issued within 10 business days after the product has been received by the warehouse in good resalable condition.
- Credit card purchases will be refunded to the card used on the original purchase.
- Check or cash purchases will be refunded by check and mailed within two weeks.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Once a product has been installed, it cannot be returned. Urban Surfaces is not responsible for product defect or damage, property damage or lost labor costs due to faulty installation. Claims for damage or shortages must be made upon receipt of product. Thoroughly inspect all products before installation as use will constitute acceptance. Installed flooring is considered the property of the owner/installer and cannot be exchanged or returned for any reason.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
- Returns/exchanges must be requested within 60 days of initial shipment.
- Material must have the same batch number that was fulfilled at the time of purchase.
- Product must be in resalable condition* and in its original packaging. (Products not meeting this standard will not be eligible for a refund/exchange even if shipped to Urban Surfaces)
- Returns/Exchanges must have prior approval before being shipped back to Urban Surfaces.
- Returns/Exchanges must have documentation including: Account Number, Account Name, and Invoice Number
- Returns will be assessed a restocking fee equivalent to 15% of the total product price.
- Only flooring is eligible for return with a 5 carton minimum required.
- Accessories such as adhesives, moldings, tools, etc. are not eligible for return.
- Any associated shipping charges will be the responsibility of the customer.
- Refund/Credit amount will be determined after products are delivered at Urban Surfaces and checked to ensure resale quality.
- All exchanges must be of equal or greater value of the associated invoice.
- Exchanges will be assessed a 15% restocking fee for 30 days that will be removed upon fulfillment of the replacement order.
- If a replacement order is not placed and shipped within 30 days, the exchange will be converted to a return and the 15% restocking fee will be applied with no refund.
- Accessories such as adhesives, moldings, tools, etc. are eligible for exchange.
- Any associated shipping charges will be the responsibility of the customer.
- Exchange Credit amount will be determined after products are delivered at Urban Surfaces and checked to ensure resale quality.
* Resalable condition is defined as:
Flooring: Clean, unblemished boxes; all original box contents (planks per box), box content must also be free from damage as determined by Urban Surfaces.
Moldings: Must be returned in its original condition and packaging.
Adhesive: Must be sealed, in original condition and accompanied with the flooring purchased.
Tools: Must be unused, in its original condition.
CHANGED & CANCELLED ORDERS
To cancel an order, please contact us immediately.
Order cancellations may be submitted via email to CustomerSupport@UrbanSurfaces.com, by phone at (800) 492-8722 or in person at our California Headquarters located at 2380 Railroad St., Corona, CA 92878.
- Changes requested prior to the order being shipped out will not incur any fees.
- Changes requested after the order has been shipped will be treated as a full order return or exchange.
ORDER PROCESSING & FULFILLMENT
- Orders that are received before 11:00am PST will be eligible to ship “Next Day,” unless otherwise noted
- Orders that are received after 11:00am PST will be processed the “Next Day” and be eligible to ship the following business day
Steps to receive an order:
- Place an order with our Customer Service Team by phone or email
- Once approved, the order is packed and shipped
- Receive shipment tracking information via email once available
- [Residential Deliveries/Special Request only] Receive phone call from carrier to set up delivery appointment 24 hours ahead of delivery
- Receive Delivery
Delivery dates are approximates, and as such, cannot be promised under any circumstance. Manufacture times, weather, supply-demand conditions and replacement shipping for damaged items are just some of the instances that may delay an order. Please schedule installs to ensure you have allocated enough time to receive the order. We cannot be held liable for failure to meet scheduled install dates due to delivery.
Typical Shipping Methods
|Purchase Size||Region||Ship Method|
|Under 75 lbs. & Moldings||U.S||Fed-Ex Ground|
|Over 75 lbs.||Southern California
Los Angeles County*
San Bernardino County*
* limitations may apply
|Urban Surfaces Owned and Operated Trucks|
|Over 75 lbs.||48 Contiguous States||Third Party Freight Truck|
For jobsite deliveries including homes/apartment complexes, all deliveries are curbside. An authorized recipient (or someone able) must be present to accept the delivery and take the material from the curb to the home/apartment. The driver will only unload to the curbside and is not allowed to enter the building to make the delivery.
Southern California Inside Delivery Option (Subject to an additional cost. Includes delivery to the first available area in a home such as the entryway, garage or backyard. Excluding staircases.)
Expedited shipping options are available at additional cost.
Shipping & Delivery is available Monday through Friday only, excluding holidays.
|Southern California||Rest of Country|
|A convenient delivery date will be provided prior to shipment. A 4 hour window may be provided upon request. On the day of delivery, the driver will make contact prior to arrival.||Commercial – The carrier will arrive during business hours without prior notice unless specifically requested..
Residential – The carrier will set up a delivery appointment 24 hrs. prior to delivery and provide a time window of their arrival.
Special Shipment Arrangements
Notify the Customer Service Representative at the time of sale if there are obstructions that may prevent proper access for the freight truck, such as:
- Low hanging trees
- Low electrical wires
- Windy or narrow roads
- Driveways that are built on extreme inclines
- Or any other special delivery instructions
Urban Surfaces will make every attempt to find a carrier that can complete the delivery if notified prior to shipping.
If we are not notified prior to shipping and the driver cannot complete the delivery it may be necessary to meet the driver at the closest drop off point to off load the delivery or pick it up from the terminal. Customer is responsible for any re-delivery and/or storage fees that may apply.
Tracking Your Order
Once an order has left our facility, an email will be sent to the email address on file with all the appropriate package and tracking information. Please allow up to 48 hours for the tracking number to register as active after the order ships. The delivery company contact information is provided in the tracking number email. All communication related to the delivery status and its scheduling is facilitated with the transportation company.
On Delivery Day
Before signing the delivery receipt accepting an order, please follow these guidelines.
When the order arrives, ensure the quantities match the ordered amount. To guarantee customer satisfaction, please make note of the following when receiving an order:
- Check that the right product is being delivered
- Check that the correct quantity is being delivered
- Check that all materials are in good condition
On the pallet delivered, there will be 2 documents taped to the outside.
- Bill of Lading (BOL) – The number on the BOL should match the # on the paperwork that the driver has as a Proof Of Delivery.
- Summary Sheet – This details what material is on the pallet.
For Southern California deliveries, an electronic signature will be required.
Once unloaded, it is recommended that the flooring material is stored in the location where it is to be installed. This will serve two purposes: 1) it will allow the flooring material to acclimate and 2) it will reduce the number of times that the flooring is moved. Boxes of flooring material can weigh up to 50 lbs. depending on the product.
DO NOT let the driver leave until it is fully verified that the material received is in good condition and that all material has been accounted for. Any damaged or missing items must be noted on the delivery receipt. If not noted, it increases the amount of time required to seek resolution.
The customer will be liable for any additional delivery fees incurred after materials leave the facility for reasons including but not limited to:
- Destination address changes
- Undeliverable material (customer not available to receive)
Many of the products that we ship are fragile by nature, and on occasion damages may take place during transit. If flooring received in the shipment is damaged, please contact us right away. We have Specialists available Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm PST, ready to assist with any issue.
Follow these steps for quick replacement of a damaged shipment:
- Notate damages with the delivery driver.
- Accept the shipment.
- Contact Urban Surfaces immediately.
- Provide Urban Surfaces with the required documentation.
- POD (Proof of Delivery Receipt)
- Pictures of damaged flooring
- Number of pieces damaged.
- Send to CustomerSupport@UrbanSurfaces.com
- Urban Surfaces will ship the replacement product(s) immediately
Upon initial receipt of the shipment, look for any indication of damage on the outside of the cartons or packing material. Notate any damage on the Proof Of Delivery provided by the driver. This will ensure a faster turn around on filing the claim and re-shipping the product. Fortunately, the damage is often to the cardboard packaging only and not to the product itself. If this is the case, no need to file any claim as the product is in good working condition.
***NOTE: NEVER REFUSE A SHIPMENT***
Refusing a shipment will incur additional shipping charges that the customer will be responsible for paying. Refused shipments are subject to return shipping costs and, in certain circumstances, will incur a 15% restocking fee.
If a damaged shipment is received, follow the steps mentioned above by contacting our Customer Service Department at 800-492-8722 for assistance. You can also email your damage claim to CustomerSupport@UrbanSurfaces.com. Have your Order Number and Tracking Numbers ready to ensure a quicker turnaround for your replacement shipment.
DO NOT DISCARD any of the damaged material or packaging. Once reported, the damaged material is the property of the carrier, by law, and they have 120 days to decide if they wish to inspect, pick up or advise to discard the damaged material. Urban Surfaces cannot be held responsible for any damages or shortages. The carrier is responsible once the product leaves our possession.
Please notify Urban Surfaces of any damage to the shipment within 3 days. Claims made after 3 days of delivery will not be accepted.
CLAIM AND WORK ORDER SUBMISSION PROCESS
At Urban Surfaces we make every effort to ensure that our flooring meets our customers’ high expectations. In the event that an issue arises with our flooring, Urban Surfaces will work directly with its customer only, not the end user. If the flooring was purchased from a retailer please contact the retailer to have them initiate the claim process. All claims are subject to Urban Surfaces’ management approval once a claim form has been submitted.
When Filing A Claim
- A ‘Claim and Work Order Request Form’ will need to be filled out completely including:
- A valid proof of purchase in the form of a sales receipt or other documents which establish proof of purchase.
- A detailed description of the problem.
- Photographs that clearly depict the problem.
*This form can be found on UrbanSurfaces.com
- Upon receipt of claim:
- Urban Surfaces will verify the specifics of the claim to determine if the cause of failure is due to a manufacturer’s defect or mis-use of the product.
- Additional information or photos may be requested to aid in this process. Please respond to any requests promptly to prevent any unnecessary delays.
- If a site inspection is required, Urban Surfaces will schedule it at the earliest possible convenience for all parties.
- Based on all information gathered, a final determination will be made as to the viability of the warranty claim. A written ‘Claim Settlement Statement’ will be issued from Urban Surfaces declaring these possible outcomes:
- Comprehensive Approval
- Partial Approval
How Long Is The Process To Settle A Claim?
Claims will be handled in the most expeditious way possible. To help the process along, please respond to all information inquiries and scheduling requests at your earliest convenience.
How Will I Be Refunded?
If approved, the only form of compensation shall be replacement product of defective material and/or a refund check for reasonable labor costs in accordance with the labor description in our warranty. Urban Surfaces will not refund in credit or cash the value of defective flooring material as part of a floor claim settlement. Urban Surfaces reserves the right to deny claims not meeting requirements.
VEHICLE DAMAGE WAIVER
You hereby agree to the risk of Urban Surfaces employees’ loading your vehicle with a forklift.
While every effort will be taken by Urban Surfaces employees to load your vehicle in a safe and conscientious manner, you agree that Urban Surfaces accepts no liability or responsibility for any damages to your vehicle during the load process.
You agree that Urban Surfaces also accepts no liability or responsibility for damage to overloaded vehicles, including damage to tires, axels, or suspension. In addition, Urban Surfaces accepts no liability or responsibility for damage to vehicles during transportation of the merchandise after leaving the store. This would include any damage to windows, truck beds, tailgates or any other vehicle damage.
By allowing us to load your vehicle, you are hereby releasing Urban Surfaces and any of its employees from liability for any damage related to the loading of merchandise in your vehicle.
Customer assumes all of the risks of damage to his/her vehicle and assumes responsibility for transporting this merchandise safely.
LOADING AND SECURING OF MERCHANDISE
Customers electing to pick up merchandise from any Urban Surfaces location are responsible for providing a safe and adequate vehicle for transportation and assume full responsibility for pick up and transportation of merchandise. As a courtesy to its customers, Urban Surfaces will assist with the loading of purchased merchandise; however it is the customer’s responsibility to STOP the employee if he/she feels that the load is too heavy for the vehicle or is not otherwise safe. Urban Surfaces reserves the right to refuse and/or cease loading service. The customer is SOLELY responsible for securing merchandise and ensuring it is properly loaded and/or secured prior to leaving the premises. Urban Surfaces is not responsible for damages occurring to vehicles while loading. If equipment or machinery is in use, the customer is required to stand at least ten feet away from the operation of any such equipment or machinery and to otherwise exercise diligence to protect themselves from harm. CUSTOMER ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOADING AND/OR TRANSPORTATION OF MERCHANDISE AND RELEASES URBAN SURFACES FROM ANY LIABILITY, DAMAGES, OR CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF CUSTOMER’S PICK UP AND/OR TRANSPORTATION OF MERCHANDISE.
STORAGE & PICKUP POLICY
Urban Surfaces is pleased to offer 14 days of free storage from the date of purchase. A storage fee of $10 per day after the first 14 days will be applied to any order that has not been completely picked up. Any applicable storage fees must be paid in full before materials will be released.
In Store Purchase And Will Call / Pick Up
Customers must present an original receipt at the time of pick up. Urban Surfaces reserves the right to hold any merchandise until proper ownership can be established. To allow someone other than yourself to pick up merchandise, such as a contractor or delivery service, you must authorize Urban Surfaces to release your merchandise by entering the pickup person’s information at checkout or by calling in to the Customer Service center (800) 492-8722 and providing this information. Anyone not on this list, regardless of possession of original receipt, wishing to obtain your merchandise must first be validated by you, the customer. The person(s) authorized to pick up materials must have a government issued photo I.D. for verification.
Product Accuracy Verification
MAKE SURE TO INSPECT ALL MERCHANDISE AT THE TIME OF PICK UP. It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect and verify the type of merchandise purchased, quantity, model number, color, and batch #’s to ensure accuracy prior to leaving the store. Any discrepancies between the customer’s inspection and the purchased merchandise as reflected upon the sales receipt must be determined prior to leaving the premises and a manager must be notified. By signing your receipt at the time of pickup, your signature will constitute your agreement that your order has been received in FULL and that it is ACCURATE. Once you have left the premises, no exceptions will be made.
Customers agree to be contacted by Urban Surfaces, including by phone call or text message at the telephone number provided to and/or on file with Urban Surfaces regarding the pickup or delivery of their order. Customers agree that any such communications are informational only.