Laminate and Sound-Tec differ in many ways. Core construction
• Laminate. It consists of a blend of sawdust and glue that’s pressed into boards. If exposed to water, laminate can buckle, swell and blister.
• Sound-Tec. It consists of stone polymer composite that is 65% limestone. Sound-Tec is waterproof. Comfort
• Laminate. The flooring feels light and hollow when you walk or roll a wheelchair on it.
• Sound-Tec. Dense and sturdy, it feels solid. Sound
• Laminate. It emits a loud, “clacky” sound when walking or rolling a wheelchair on it.
• Sound-Tec. It features a pre-attached foam pad underlayment that muffles sound.
SEE ALSO: Blog Post - Vinyl Versus Laminate Flooring